Marine Investment Casting
The investment casting process is an excellent option for producing dimensionally accurate parts that require superior corrosion resistance for the marine industry. Since many highly corrosion resistant materials (i.e. 316 stainless steel) are cast on a regular basis, employing this process makes good economic sense. At American Casting Company, we manufacture thousands of stainless steel and other corrosion resistant parts each year and have an outstanding track record of doing so in the industries fastest lead times at competitive prices. We also have the ability to provide parts with additional surface treatments such as electropolish and passivation to enhance corrosion resistance even more and provide parts with superior surface finishes.
Marine Investment Casting Capabilities of American Casting Company
Our high-quality parts are used for both surface and sub-surface marine applications. We are equipped with all the necessary equipment to get the job done correctly with exceptional efficiency. Some examples or what sets us apart is as follows:
- Extensive experience working with alloys that can withstand the rigors of the marine environment. We use air induction melting processes to produce casting components from:
- Mild (low carbon) steels
- Low alloy steels
- Stainless steels
- Cobalt based alloys
- We also employ the vacuum induction melting processes to produce parts from nickel-based and other super alloys.
- Be it a simple or complicated casting, we can produce parts in medium and high volumes using high-quality engineering solutions.
- We can transform your CAD models into marine investment casting quickly with standard tolerance ±.005″ per inch.
- We can execute the right heat treating, machining and surface finishing as required.
- We offer several other value-added services such as design for manufacturability, tool building and rapid prototyping to meet the visual and functional expectations of our customers.
Examples of parts produced for marine applications include:
- Deck hardware
- Pump housings
- Cleats, handles, brackets, covers and other boat hardware
- Enclosures for marine electronics
- Engine components
- Bearing housing
- Seal housings
- Seal rings
Advantages of Availing Marine Investment Castings from Us
At American Casting Company, we constantly strive to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our advantages also lie in:
- Low cost, precision, long life tooling
- Ability to cast intricate features with excellent corrosion resistance
- Uniquely-designed quality control system
- Affordable pricing
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and prompt customer service
- Quick and on time delivery
Certificates and Compliances
Being an ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified organization, we consider quality seriously. The parts are produced in compliance with the following:
- NADCAP for special processes if required
EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
Contact us at your earliest convenience for more information on how we can help you produce high quality investment castings for your next marine application.