Military Investment Castings
The need for near-net-shape precision parts with tight tolerance’s is on the rise for mission-critical applications in the military industry. We at American Casting have been striving to meet these demands by offering a wide range of investment cast parts. All the military and defense castings we manufacture meet the highest quality standards. Being the oldest and the most advanced of the metallurgical arts, investment casting has proved as the best option for making several vital components specific to the military industry.
Military Investment Casting Capabilities of American Casting
At American Casting we follow best-in-class methods, use high-grade materials and utilize the latest equipment to manufacture complex parts with ultra-fast standard lead times. Our capabilities lie in the following:
- We are experienced in both air induction melting and vacuum induction melting to process metals.
- We specialize in defense investment castings made from standard and super alloys which geometry could not readily be formed by alternative methods. We are specialist in making investment casting in varied specifications using:
- Mild (low carbon) steels
- Low alloy steels
- Stainless steels
- Cobalt based alloys
- Copper based alloys
- Nickel based super alloys
- We can do heat treatment, NDT, machining, plating, finishing and other secondary operations to your specifications.
Our defense investment casting parts are used in the following applications.
- Bomb racks
- Inter-ship material transfer
- Mobile missile launchers
- Weapon handling
- Communication equipment
The following are a few products that we make by employing military investment casting metal forming techniques:
- Launcher components
- Bearing shells
- Gun triggers
- Propulsion components
- Trigger guards
- Bolt catches
- Bolt carriers
- Selector levers
- Missile canard
- Rocket motor case
- Bi-pod heads
Advantages of Military Investment Castings
Our range of defense investment castings bring you several benefits such as:
- Long life tooling
- Excellent surface finish
- High dimensional accuracy
- Ability to cast extremely intricate parts
- Ability to cast almost any ferrous and super alloy
- No flash and minimal parting lines
- Reliable process controls and repeatability
- Eliminate secondary machining
Certificates and Compliances
We are committed to provide defense castings that are manufactured in compliance to the highest quality standards. Our quality system is certified to AS9100-revD and ISO 9001.
Other certifications and compliances we adhere to include:
- Nadcap for special processes
- ITAR (International Traffic In Arms Regulations)
- EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
We have a team of creative, capable and experienced personnel who can produce superior quality ITAR compliant investment castings for the military industry in the industries shortest lead times. Also due to our unmatched industry and technical experience, we offer reliable assistance on quotes, design assistance, rapid prototyping, flexible production schedules, and unparalleled customer service. With American Casting, you can rest assured with not only optimum quality but also timely delivery at a competitive price.