Super Alloy Investment Castings
Based on the metal present in them, the super alloys are of three types – iron-based, nickel-based, and cobalt-based super alloys. The super alloy investment castings find their use in a variety of industries, such as marine, aircraft and aerospace, petrochemical, chemical plant, etc. American Casting Company is one of the leading manufacturers of superalloy castings.
Super Alloy Investment Casting Capabilities
Our capability to produce “Super Alloy” investment castings allows us to achieve the following:
- Produce casting parts with high geometric complexity, through holes, thin walls and more
- Convert multi-part assemblies into single castings
- Achieve tight tolerances of +/-.005” per linear inch to eliminate post machining and finishing
Super Alloy Investment Casting Product Examples
The following are some examples of the parts and components manufactured using “Super Alloys”:
- Industrial gas turbines
- Aerospace engine components
- Turbine case and disk parts
- High temp valve bodies
- Butterfly valves
- After burner linkages
- Turbine exhaust housings
Advantages of Super Alloy Investment Castings
There are several reasons behind the increasing popularity of superalloy castings spanning a variety of applications and industries. These benefits of using these materials is as follows:
- Integrated Design: The most striking benefit of super alloy castings is the elimination of weldments, as it helps increase the service life of the castings by increasing their strength. Part designs can be integrated easily with the help of the flexibility of the investment casting process. A single casting can integrate a number of welded components and machined features which helps eliminate the requirement of complex assemblies, and multiple components.
- A Strong End Product: The super alloys are the result of modified alloy compositions which help make the product resistant to corrosion and provide excellent mechanical properties at elevated temperatures. The grain size of the castings can be engineered, and their fatigue life is increased by employing special processing parameters.
- Intricate Shapes: Do you want to manufacture complex shapes with high precision? This is made possible by the use of superalloy castings. In many cases secondary operations can be eliminated surfaces can be achieved by using super alloy investment castings.
- High Precision: All the minute details of a part, such as surface textures, teeth, graphics, and splines are produced with high precision. Detailed surface features are achieved with accuracy which gives a proper form and function to the components.
Certificates and Compliances
Providing high-quality products and castings that meet the highest industry standards has always been our priority. The quality system at American Casting Company is AS9100 Rev D and ISO 9001:2015 certified. We also comply with and adhere to the following:
- Nadcap for special processes
- ITAR (International Traffic In Arms Regulations)
- EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
If you are you looking for a reliable manufacturer for your super alloy investment casting needs, your search ends here. American Casting Company has vast experience and a team of skilled, knowledgeable, and expert professionals who are always ready to help. We are known for manufacturing high-quality super alloy investment castings which makes us a trusted source. In addition, we have some of the fastest lead-times in the industry. Please contact us today for more information.