Casting Finish Operator / Welder
Reports To: Production Shift Supervisor
Since 1974, American Casting Companyâ€™s foundry in Hollister, CA has delivered high quality investment castings with some of the industryâ€™s shortest lead times. Our AS 9100/ISO9001 certified bestâ€inâ€class methods consistently meet the most stringent quality and delivery requirements of our customers in the medical and aerospace industries. American Casting is able to deliver complex parts with ultraâ€fast standard lead times by incorporating lean production philosophies with the latest in Vacuum Melting and 3D printing technologies.
Our fastâ€growing firm is seeking a Casting Finish Operator / Welder with production manufacturing experience. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a team within a fast based production environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 2+ yearsâ€™ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, selfâ€disciplined and is committed to workplace safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Removal of ceramic mold material with various sand/shot blasting methods.
- Cutting individual castings from mold assembly using band saws, abrasive chop saws, and plasma cutting.
- Belt grinding to specified part dimensional requirements on flat and curved surfaces.
- Rework of castings for visual defects using different types of die grinders and rotary tools with assorted abrasive stones, sanding pads, and carbide burrs.
- Weld repair of casting defects using TIG welding process. Training program and weld certification provided by American Casting Company. **No prior weld certification required but weld experience preferred**
- Final blast finish applied either with tumbler or by hand using various types of aluminum oxide, zirconia, or glass bead media.
- Final inspection after weld repair/rework to customer drawing specifications on visual quality and dimensional tolerances.
- Daily and weekly preventative maintenance of cutting, grinding, and blasting equipment.
- Daily 5S/FOD/Safety inspection and maintenance of work area for improved organization/efficiency/safety.
- Education level.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior production manufacturing experience preferred.
- Exposure to lean manufacturing systems/concepts helpful
- Exposure to AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Systems helpful
- Specific skills.
- English literacy required
- Basic computer competency required
- Personal characteristics.
- Highly disciplined, selfâ€motivated, and very reliable.
- Physical abilities.
- Fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
Day Shift â€ Mon thru Fri 4:00 AM â€“ 12:30 PM (regular) / 4:00 AM â€“ 2:30 PM (overtime)
Swing Shift â€ Mon thru Fri 1:00 PM â€“ 9:30 PM (regular) / 3:00 PM â€“ 1:30 AM (overtime)
Base Pay: $16 â€“ 22/hour dependent on qualifications.
Profit Sharing: Up to $2000 quarterly bonus based on performance evaluation.
- After full time hire and 3 month probation 50% of employeeâ€™s medical, dental, Vision and Life insurance and after 1 year 100% of the employeeâ€™s medical, dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 1 week of vacation after 1 year of service. 2 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service.
- 3 sick days per year.
Our online application process includes 3 assessment tests:
- Wiesen Test of Mechanical Aptitude (Mechanical aptitude)
- Workplace Productivity Profile (Personality/work ethic)
- Criteria Attention Skills Test (Aptitude for focus)