Machine Operator / Assembler
Production Shift Supervisor
Since 1974, American Casting Company’s foundry in Hollister, CA has delivered high quality investment castings with some of the industry’s shortest lead times. Our AS 9100/ISO9001 certified best‐in‐class methods consistently meet the most stringent quality and delivery requirements of our customers in the medical and aerospace industries. American Casting is able to deliver complex parts with ultra‐fast standard lead times by incorporating lean production philosophies with the latest in Vacuum Melting and 3D printing technologies.
Our fast‐growing firm is seeking a Machine Operator / Assembler with production manufacturing experience. This position will provide the successful candidate with the chance to apply their knowledge, learn new skills and work as a team within a fast based production environment. The ideal candidate for this role has 2+ years’ experience in the manufacturing sector, pays strong attention to detail, self‐disciplined and is committed to workplace safety.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Injection molding press setup and operation.
- Inspection and rework of injection molded wax patterns for visual defects and dimensional requirements using standardized metrology tools (calipers, height gauges, part specific check fixtures)
- Build wax patterns into larger wax assemblies per detailed work instructions specifying pattern quantity, orientation, spacing, etc.
- Apply 1st coat of ceramic slurry around wax assembly for casting mold production.
- Daily and weekly preventative maintenance of injection molding press and other support equipment in work area.
- Daily 5S/FOD/Safety inspection and maintenance of work area for improved organization/efficiency/safety.
- Education level.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior production manufacturing experience preferred.
- Exposure to lean manufacturing systems/concepts helpful
- Exposure to AS9100/ISO9001 Quality Systems helpful
- Specific skills.
- English literacy required
- Basic computer competency required
- Personal characteristics.
- Highly disciplined, self‐motivated, and very reliable.
- Physical abilities.
- Fit and able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
Day Shift ‐ Mon thru Fri 4:00 AM – 12:30 PM (regular) / 4:00 AM – 2:30 PM (overtime)
Swing Shift ‐ Mon thru Fri 1:00 PM – 9:30 PM (regular) / 3:00 PM – 1:30 AM (overtime)
Base Pay: $16 – 22/hour dependent on qualifications.
Profit Sharing: Up to $2000 quarterly bonus based on performance evaluation.
- After full time hire and 3 month probation 50% of employee’s medical, dental, Vision and Life insurance and after 1 year 100% of the employee’s medical, dental, Vision and Life Insurance.
- 1 week of vacation after 1 year of service. 2 weeks of vacation after 3 years of service.
- 3 sick days per year.
Our online application process includes 3 assessment tests:
- Wiesen Test of Mechanical Aptitude (Mechanical aptitude)
- Workplace Productivity Profile (Personality/work ethic)
- Criteria Attention Skills Test (Aptitude for focus)