Mining Investment Castings
The mining industry relies heavily on large and sophisticated equipment for a wide range of applications such as drilling, blasting, digging, hauling, crushing and refining. All of this equipment requires complex and wear resistant components made from materials that can withstand harsh and abusive work environments. At American Casting Company we many years of experience supplying investment cast components that meet the demanding requirements of this industry. We are well equipped to make highly complex parts, and do so from tough and wear resistant materials at a cost-effective price.
Mining Investment Casting Capabilities at American Casting Company
The investment casting process is capable of producing complicated components at near net shapes that require little to no post processing. We utilize the latest technologies and systems all which add up to faster lead times and lower prices. An overview of our capabilities for making investment cast parts for the mining industry are as follows:
- Superior process engineering including gate and runner design.
- We can facilitate post processing operations as required such as heat treat, surface treatments, NDT and post machining.
- Conduct quality control and inspection to ensure parts meet dimensional and metallurgical requirement.
Common Materials for Mining Applications
We have the ability to pour all standard and most specialty alloys that are tough and wear resistant including the following:
- We have proven expertise to manufacture metal parts from the following alloys for the mining industry applications.
- Nickel Based Alloys (Inconel 625 & 718)
- Mild Steels & Low Alloy Steels (1020, 8620, 4130)
- Stainless Steel â€“ 400 Series (410, 416)
- Stainless Steel â€“ 300 Series (303, 304, 310, 316, 347)
- Stainless Steel â€“ Precipitation Hardening (17-4, 15-5)
- Cobalt Based Alloys (Co21, Co25, Co31)
With the capability to produce parts with high accuracy and tight dimensional tolerances, the investment casting process is chosen for the following in the mining industry:
- Drill bit inserts
- Chippers blades
- Wear rings
- Gear housings
- Jaw Plates
- Crusher components
- Bucket teeth
American Casting Advantages
At American Casting we are focused on helping our customer solve their problems and providing superior customer service. Our core strengths lie in:
- Industries fastest lead times
- Superior customer service
- Maintaining healthy relationships with our customers
- Production of high-quality products
- Cost competitive pricing
- Excellent support from our foundry engineers
Certificates and Compliances
Being an ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified organization, we consider quality seriously. The parts are produced in compliance with the following:
- NADCAP for special processes
- ITAR (International Traffic In Arms Regulations)
- EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
If you need more information on Investment Castings for the mining industry, please contact us at your earliest convenience.