Turbine Engine Investment Casting
All the investment castings that we produce are known for their integrity, traceability, and conformance to stringent industry standards. Additionally, we wonâ€™t compromise on the quality and they are delivered to you after rigorous control and consistent process evaluations. Owing to this commitment, we are trusted amongst several customers from the turbine engine market. With a combination of decades of experience and immense knowledge on several casting methods, we have been successfully meeting the requirements of the turbine engine market. We have the technical know-how in working with several alloy combinations to produce precision investment cast turbine components that are crafted to your exact specifications.
Capabilities of Turbine Engine Investment Casting
Be it manufacturing prototypes, or high-volume production for custom turbine engine components, we are all equipped to handle your toughest requirements. The following capabilities enable us to meet the demands of the turbine engine market successfully.
- We can produce high quality investment turbine engine castings that possess the following properties:
- Abrasion Resistant
- Corrosion Resistant
- Heat Resistant
- Wear Resistant
- We are experienced in working with the following materials and more:
- Precipitation-Hardening Stainless Steels
- Austenitic Stainless Steels
- Martensitic Stainless Steels
- Carbon Steels
- Tool Steels
- Nickel-Base Alloys
- Cobalt-Base Alloys
- Copper-Base Alloys
- We can produce castings in the following specifications range:
- Casting Part Weight: Ounces to 25 lbs.
- Min. Section Thickness: 0.040â€³-0.080â€³ (geometry and material specific)
- Linear Dimensional Tolerances: Under 1â€³: +/-0.005â€³. Over 1â€³ add +/- 0.003 in
The turbine industry sector procures castings for use in the following applications.
- Gas turbines
- Auxiliary power generation
- Ignition systems
- High bypass turbofan engines
- Jet engines
- Cooling systems
- Power systems
- Mechanical drives
- Turboprop engines
At American Casting, we produce the following casting parts specifically for the turbine industry market.
- Bearing supports
- Fuel system components
- Exhaust diffusers
- Stationary inlet guides
- Turbine housings
- Turbine engine blades
Advantages of Turbine Engine Investment Casting
Advantages of our castings are:
- Intricate designs can be accommodated with undercuts and thru holes / passage ways.
- Smooth surface can be obtained, eliminating the need of secondary surface finishing and machining operations for certain applications.
- Complex near net shaped parts can be produced with excellent dimensional tolerances.
Certificates and Compliances
We are committed to provide castings that are manufactured in compliance to the highest quality standards. Our quality system is certified to AS9100-revD and ISO 9001.
Other certifications and compliances we adhere to include:
- Nadcap for special processes
- ITAR (International Traffic In Arms Regulations)
- EAR (Export Administration Regulations)
Since our inception, we have been producing intricate, high precision, near-net metal parts in the industryâ€™s fastest lead times. With our responsive management team, value-added services and competitive pricing, we meet the customersâ€™ expectations for quality and on-time delivery. Talk to our experts and let them know your requirements specific to your casting needs. For additional information, please contact us.